Posted on October 14th, 2011
Posted on September 21st, 2011
The Metallic Smokey Eye is one of this season’s key looks. The Smokey Eye has been around for a while, and like red lips (also a key look this Autumn) it’s becoming a classic! The bright palette that was combined with the smokey eye over the summer is now being replaced with warm metallic colours.
This is one look where you don’t want the precise line of your liquid liner, so start with a soft black liner – like 2true Twist n Line Eye Definer in 8 (Black). Then build up by applying shadows, leaving the lighter shades until the end. Blending with a brush is the secret to achieving a perfect soft smouldering smokey look.
Choose your favourite warm colours to use in this look. Gold, bronze, burgundy, and olive green all work beautifully with this smokey eye. Remember, you can make ANY colour a metallic by blending it with one of our Eye Shadow Dazzlers, so experiment and create your own glittering palette.
If you’re looking for a few tips on exactly how to build this look, check out this easy Smokey Eye tutorial from Amanda. Once you master the basics of layering this look, it’s easy to customise with your favourite colours!
Posted on August 9th, 2011
We celebrated the success of our Facebook page by giving away a bumper pack of goodies to our 1,000th “Liker”!
Shown here is the lucky winner of the £50 2true haul, Daniella Bakic of London.
Thanks to everyone who gave us their “Like”- connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, and by registering on this site!
Stay in touch and never miss out on a comp, giveaway, or in-store special!
Posted on August 2nd, 2011
This summer and fall, bright eyeshadow is the hot trend. The popular “Smokey Eye” look has now exploded in full technicolour. If you want to try this fun look, just use your favourite pair of contrasting bright colours – or start with a smokey eye, and add a touch of shocking pink, blue, purple or yellow to the brow bone.
Here are some of our best and brightest eye colours – pick out your favourites and create your own candy-coloured summer look:
Eye Shadow Dazzlers in Shades 7 (turquoise), 8 (lavender), 9 (sky blue), 11 (tangerine), 12 (hot purple)
True Colour DUO Eyeshadows in Shade 5 (lime/sea green), and 9 (yellow/purple)
Instant Colour Mascara in Shades 3 (electric blue), 4 (navy), 5 (purple)
Posted on July 15th, 2011
Hot summer days can literally melt your makeup away! Here are a few tips to keep your makeup fresh in the heat.
1. Switch to a gel moisturizer, rather than a cream or lotion. This helps you start with a cleaner (less slippery!) base to apply your makeup.
2. Instead of liquid foundation, try using bronzing powder instead, like 2true All Over Natural Bronzing Powder. This conceals flaws and adds colour too. A great option when traveling because it replaces two products in your bag!
3. If you still crave the heavier coverage of liquid foundation, try blending your own lighter version that will resist melting! Take a small amount of an oil-free formula like 2true Smooth Matte Foundation, and blend into your gel moisturiser. Voila! Your own customised tinted moisturiser that you can adjust for as much opacity as you want.
4. Go with a powder foundation, like 2true Smooth Matte Powder. This can replace your usual liquid foundation on hot days, and is always handy to dust over the top of any makeup to keep the shiny away!
5. Avoid panda eyes. Use liquid eyeliner in a waterproof formula like 2true Waterproof Effortless Eyeliner. Eyeliner pencils tend to smudge when you sweat, but once our liquid eyeliner sets, it stays put! Use with a reliable waterproof mascara like our fabulous Instant Waterproof Mascara.
6. Use lipgloss instead of lipstick. We’ve all had the unpleasant experience of opening our favourite lipstick on a hot day to find that it had melted into a pink custard! Lipgloss in a tube will stand up to the heat, and be easier to apply. 2true has three ranges of lipgloss, all with applicator wands, and in gorgeous colours: Colour Drench, Plumptuous, and Crystal.
7. Chill your lipstick. If you can’t bear the thought of leaving your favourite colour lipstick behind on your summertime frolics, then stash it in your drinks cooler!
Enjoy your summer hols! Post any of your own tips in the comments below…
Posted on July 7th, 2011
Now through 2nd August, get into Superdrug for our Free Glossywear Nail Polish promo! Buy 3 products from 2true (excluding Glossywear Nail Polish) and get your choice of a FREE Glossywear Nail Polish. Get in early for best selection – offer subject to availability.
By the way, if you subscribed to our monthly e-mails, then you would ALREADY KNOW ABOUT THIS. : )
If you haven’t registered yet, DO IT NOW – just go to the little box in the right sidebar of this page and enter your info. Stay in the know about any upcoming promos and giveaways, and go into our monthly prize draw too!
Posted on June 23rd, 2011
Here are two of our most frequently asked questions. If you have a question about 2true, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q : Are 2true products tested on animals?
A : NO. 2true is against any kind of animal testing. No testing on animals is conducted for 2true products or on behalf of 2true to produce their products.We do not assign anyone to test any 2true products or any of the ingredients used in our products on animals.
Q : Where are 2true products available?
A : At this time, 2true is exclusively available in Superdrug stores in Great Britain and Ireland, and through superdrug.com. Purchases made at superdrug.com website can only be delivered to addresses within the UK.
Posted on June 20th, 2011
We’re always listening out for buzz from Britain’s vibrant beauty blog community! Here’s a few tidbits about 2true that we found…
Jess at Penelope Row reviews an assortment of recently released 2true products.
Jenni at NailPolishUK samples Glossywear Nail Polish Shade 28, a “juicy” summery colour.
Miss Lori Loves checks out Glossywear Nail Polish Shades 12 and 17.
Catherine Loves compares our Cheek ‘n’ Lip Tint with high-end versions.
Helen at Just Nice Things compares two of our newly-released nail colours with very similar shades from Chanel.
Jenny at Beauty and Reverie samples a Crystal Lipgloss.
Thanks to everyone for taking the time to write about our products. We really appreciate it!
If you spot a blog post about a 2true product, let us know by emailing email@example.com or tweet us at @2true_believe.
Posted on June 14th, 2011
Black nail polish emerged as a fashion trend back in 2007. Before then, it was a fringe look most commonly worn by Goth kids in the 80s and 90s, and by “artistic” types.
It was suddenly re-launched as the it-colour for nails and adopted by fashionistas everywhere. When Sandra Bullock appeared on the cover of Glamour in 2009 wearing jeans and black nails, the trend had officially gone mainstream. But then a funny thing happened – even after reaching the logical end of the fashion cycle, black nail polish refused to go away.
One of the most common nail polish questions asked on Google is: “Is black nail polish still in fashion?” The short answer is YES. Just like a vampire, It’s the nail trend that refuses to die! Instead, it’s grown to include a number of variations: darkest nearly-black shades of purple, blue, maroon, and brown have now joined the “black polish” family.
It’s no longer just for moody teenagers, hipsters, and Twilight fans! If you haven’t tried them yet, visit the dark side with these 2true shades: Glossywear Shades 37, 38 and 39, and Fast Dry Polish Shades 7 and 8. At just £1.99 each, or 3 for £4.99, you can sample them all, and find your favourite.
Posted on May 26th, 2011
Here’s a round-up of some of the reviews we’ve found on the beauty blogs recently:
Jodie at Shopping is a Girl’s Best Friend reviews the Plumptuous Lip Gloss she won in our monthly giveaway. By the way, if you haven’t registered yet on this site, then register and be in to win some goodies!
Emma at Imagination In Colour reviews Glossywear Nail Polish Shade 14 (dark shimmer blue).
If you’ve posted a review, or spot one on your favourite beauty blog, let us know about it by tweeting us @2true_believe.